Saturday, March 25

A Saturday matinee

After working the break in weather for a short-but-sweet mountain bike ride yesterday, I awoke to snow on the ground and a less than inviting ski report. What to do? Fortunately, there are a half dozen movies that I actually want to see in the theater right now. Good thing we are hours away from a real city because then I would also get the choice of foreign flicks (apparently, Block Party falls under this category).
I have some film buddies telling me I must see V for Vendetta, others encouraging The three burials of Melquiades Estrada, my own dorky desire to see Matador and yet, methinks that the new Spike Lee flick may win out. So far, reviews are impressive for Inside Man. Tight direction, actors that can act (!) and a strong female role from Jodi Foster. Plus, a little Clive never hurt noone.









"Hello, star detective(in british accent) you ought to check out my new movie."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So which one won? I have heard great things about V for Vendetta, I think that one will act as me escape from returning to another quarter. And it has people who can act in it ( Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman).

cassondra said...

Inside Man won out...I lovvvved it. There were a couple of forgivable holes in the plot, but the acting was great and Spike's direction is right on. He makes his points and entertains concurrently.